Blog Journal #5

I have been using Instagram for my Personal Learning Network as a way to connect with other teachers/educators. By creating an account on these platforms, I'm able to interact with other people who share enlightening teaching plans as well as advice I might have regarding my classroom. Additionally, I'm able to form connections with other teachers or personnel who could inform me of other opportunities, teaching or something else, that could benefit my career by gaining new experience somewhere else. Overall, I have met a lot of interesting and good-natured people with similar mindsets to myself. 


The digital divide is a result of systematic inequalities regarding technology among students in the classroom, which is often a result of what is the norm at home for the students. It can affect students by some being extremely comfortable with technology and excelling in assignments that encourage the use of that, while others have not been or have not been able to be exposed to technology, inevitably leading to a downfall in their performance if they cannot finish a tech-driven assignment. Not only could this negatively affect a student's success in the classroom, but also among their peers. If a group of students share similar gadgets and ideas that are influenced by technology, students who are not as privileged in that area may find it hard to connect and make friends with others, and vice versa. To prevent this divide within the classroom, I would implement lesson plans that focused on technology-neutral activities, and if it did require the online world, every student would be able to access it through a district-provided laptop.


Two academic software tools I would implement in my classroom would be Google Docs and Kahoot. Starting with Google Docs, this platform is an easy way for students to write down sentences digitally that is accessible, and free. Additionally, your work is not lost if you accidentally click out somehow, as everything is saved automatically. Lastly, Kahoot is a fun and educational platform that uses interactive music and visuals to encourage mastery of subjects through rapid-fire questioning. It's a fun alternative to the classic loose-leaf paper quizzes that can be dull to students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #4

A Few Things About Me

Blog Journal #3