Blog Journal #6

 I find Diigo to be quite glitchy and outdated. This goes hand-in-hand with being non-aesthetically pleasing, additionally. Because the site feels like it was created in the early 2000s and then never updated for a modern and interactive image, it's hard for me to want to voluntarily go on there and interact with my classmates as it's not incredibly engaging. I think it is cool that these types of sites though are still running, and now I know a new Web 2.0 Tool (Diigo) since I've never heard about it before. 


Since I've had to do blogs for this class, I've started to enjoy it a lot more. It's nice to write down your thoughts about things in an open manner. I do wish we could make these blogs here more creative, add images, and more elements like interactive icons through coding. That is one of my main gripes about the blogs. Something I've learned so far through the blogging process is that it can actually be a stress reliever--to just expend whatever you're thinking--and it has come to be one of my favorite tasks to do. 


A Web 2.0 tool that would benefit me during teaching is Quizlet. In my own academics, this platform has helped me master numerous techniques, formulas, and conjugations and I'm sure it would be incredibly helpful in the classroom. There are flashcard options, as well as interactive Learn and Test categories that can help you get ready for whatever exam you are going to take. While there is a non-free version of Quizlet that gets rid of ads, I find that the free version does the trick just as well: helping you remember everything you need to. 

https://quizlet.com/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #4

A Few Things About Me

Blog Journal #3