A Few Things About Me

I love reading. It is one of my hobbies that has been with me since middle school. If I'm not reading, most likely I am daydreaming about book plots, books I've read, books I am reading and would like to continue, or characters I've read before and liked. Since I am planning to be an author for my career, spending a good amount of time learning from some wonderful novelists does not seem to be completely negative, as they help me gain ideas about what I would like to write...and not write. 

Last semester, I was in a Computer & Speech Technique class where we also used technology to make blogs about different topics that were assigned. Most were related to online activities like cyberbullying and keeping your personal information safe. The class helped me gain experience with avoiding uncredible sources on the internet as well as safety online. Additionally, it helped me build my public speech skills by using research from credible sources to help build my argument that I would then talk about. 

For finding out news around the world, I tend to take to Instagram and check out some of the verified accounts that serve as media news outlets for worldwide, celebrity and culture news. Usually the credibility of the information sent out is correct, and it's an easy, accessible way to figure out things. Often with news channels like CNN, I would need a TV, and as a college student, I don't have one here with me. Furthermore, social media is the easiest way for me to access my personal learning needs. 



"A Rainbow Of Books" by Dawn Endico is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #4

Blog Journal #3